Saturday, March 28, 2009

Azalea Trail 10k

51:31
I didn't try to push too hard. I wanted to finish feeling good instead of spent. Several times I was thinking "I don't want to run too fast, I'll miss some of the scenery". It was awesome to run in the shade between the Antebellum mansions, especially since I'm in the middle of reading Newt Gingrich's 'Gettysburg'. I was listening to some good tunes on the MP3 and drifting off into never never land imagining what it was like during the Civil War on the race course. What if some of those old live oak trees could talk?
Clean and press workout tonight. Helping David with his RKC training tomorrow.

1 comment:

Big Man Run said...

Cool! We'll have to get together for a race soon. Wish I could have made that one, but a 10k is a little too far for me still...