Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Where's my DVD?

Tuesday - 100 or so swings. I was doing sets of 20 and I lost count. Also some pistol practice.
Wednesday - 1 0n 1 with a friend this morning. Introduction to KBs. Got in a few presses and some practice of the basics. Will likely do my own workout tonight.
....
I ordered Pavel's new DVD last week. I've been bouncing around between doing the Right of Passage workout from Enter the Kettlebell, complexes, swings and snatch practice. I've not been sticking to one set program and I fell my strength and level of conditioning has tapered off a bit.
This will be changing soon. I plan to go through the new DVD and get on a program. Even if I rotate a month at a time, I've seen much better results when I set a schedule 4 weeks at a time.
....
Some goals:
5 presses each side with the 40kg (1 r/l is current pr)
20 pullups (13 pr)
125 snatches in 5 minutes with the 53lb. (100 pr)
I would also like to work on my deadlift technique and shoot for around 500lbs. (405 pr)
....
If you read this blog and care to join me with some goals, feel free to post up.

3 comments:

Gonzalo Mejia said...

I deifnietly would like to get to the 100 snatches in 5 min (not far last time). I also would like to be able to do pull-ups again.

MKSchinabeck said...

Jon,
Although I am on a GS kick right now I will post my goals:

140 snatches 28kg bell in 10 minutes - 1 hand switch
80 jerks double 28kg bells in 10 minutes

These numbers will give me a rank of Candidate for Master of Sport. I am shooting to post these numbers at the World Kettlebell Championships in Chicago the last weekend of August.

Keep up the strong work and let me know what you think of Pavel's new DVD.

Matt

Jon Alford said...

Have fun at the CK FMS Matt. The new DVD is going to be right up my alley. Simple but complex just like the ETK. He brings in the long cycle C&J. They go over the Viking Push Press in detail as well as front and side snatch/raise for shoulders. Double clean, double squat, deadlift. There is also a PDF file that looks like it will mirror the book when they publish it. Similar format to ETK but more detailed on the workout. 2 week blocks. 1st block double press, squat and deadlift. 2nd block long cycle c&j. Light/medium/heavy days.
I've got a nagging pain dead center of my lower back at the bottom of the spine. Might need to find my way to a ck fms myself. Let me know how it goes.