Monday, August 3, 2009

Clean and Press and an awesome weekend

Joint Mobility
Turkish Get Ups
Arm Bars
5x3 clean and press with 53lbs
100 snatches in about 7 min
......
This weekend I was a guest in a gym, we had a booth set up for Advocare. The head trainer at the gym was 3 time Mr. Alabama bodybuilder and state record holder in the deadlift (810lbs). We were talking health and wellness and strength training. I played around on the benchpress for the 1st time in 2 years and pushed 250 pretty easy with a 3 second pause at the bottom. Never missing an opportunity to share I got the KBs out of the truck and commenced the demonstration. He was impressed with swings and get ups but when he did the press he muscled it up so I showed him the Arm Bar and how to use his lat to push. I was totally shocked when someone with his experience and prestige told me he had never felt his lat light up like that in his life and wanted to know more about these iron balls with a handle. A new friend is born!
We're working on a class for his gym in the coming months to raise money for equipment.
Thanks Pavel!

No comments: