Friday, June 4, 2010

CK-FMS and Taking a Break

Went to the Certified Kettlebell Functional Movement Screen seminar a couple weeks ago. Lots of info and got to hang out with Jennifer Bryan, RKC and Laurel Blackburn, RKC. Great to get to know them better. The class was filled with info that I can hopefully use to make people move and feel better. I already helped one friend improve shoulder mobility by 2 inches with about 45 minutes of training/drills. I also made my mother inlaw cuss at me by putting her in the Bretzel 2.0.
Upon return I have worked on my deadlift groove and swing groove along with some stretching and that's about it. Everyone needs a break. Two weeks shouldn't hurt anyone's training. Trying to eat right. Got down to about 188lbs one day this week. Reworked my yard, including digging up old grass and laying 3 pallets of centipede sod in one afternoon. Been fishing a few times and had a weekend of kicking back at Gantt Lake. Yes, taking a break, ha ha.
Getting geared up for Advocare Success School in 2 weeks. Hopefully get to hang out with Andy Andrews and see Drew Brees but more importantly get to visit with good Christian friends and learn more about nutrition and creating a plan B for the future.
We've recently hit the Ruby level in Advocare so this is starting to become a reality that it could replace one of our incomes and create some time freedom in the future. Some people thing we are crazy running all over the place selling vitamins but in 10 years when they are still working and we are playing we will see who is crazy.
I continue to follow my four "F" plan.
Faith, Family, Finance and Fitness in that order. If it doesn't fit in the plan, it's not a priority right now. If you ask me about the latest episode of dancing with the stars or some other show I don't know the name of and I look at you funny, it's because just doesn't warrant my time.
Everyone keep praying about the oil spill and what positive can come from it. We'll find something. ........J

No comments: