Friday, October 30, 2009

Smoked

I've been trying to get back into a workout regimen that I like and that fits my needs of conditioning and strength rather than bulk. I tried RTK for a few weeks and realized quickly that it was about to pack on some serious muscle weight that I don't really want. Reports from the RKC forum are now showing just that. Several 15 pound bodyweight gains so far. I like doubles but prefer singles with lots of snatches and presses. I've always done well with alternate days due to my work schedule. What I mean by this is doing two general workouts alternating days. This way you always know what you're doing next. Now, with that being said, you can vary the intensity to keep your body guessing and stimulate muscle growth. Here's my last week, knowing I would not have my kettlebells Thurs/Fri/Sat.
Sunday: 10 minute snatch test for cadence with 24kg. Did not go all out. 7 reps each side top of the minute. Hit 168 reps after going all out the last minute.
Monday: Heavy circuit 32kg: 3 sets of 5 presses each side, 10 swings, 5 windmills, 5 squats, get up sit ups, floor presses.
Tuesday: V02 snatches. 80 sets of 8 reps 16kg.
Wednesday: Medium Circuit 24kg. 3 sets of 10 presses each side, 10 swings, 5 windmills, 10 figure 8 to a hold, 5 floor presses, 5 get up sit ups, 20 floor sweeps.
....
I start each workout with joint mobility and stretching. Then 5 armbars progressing to a get up and back down then the other side. Maybe add a windmill while at the top. Throw in a pistol or two.
....

No comments: