Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th

Lots of progress on my swing since the CKFMS. Anyone who has trained with me in the past that wants me to take a look at your swing, give me a call.
Nothing but swings and snatches for me with some Viking Push Press. I'm working around my shoulder until I get the doc to read the MRI. I think it has caused some tendonitis down to my elbow. Still crankin though. Thanks to everyone who's asked.
I've been on the road a lot, alternating V02 snatches with days of complexes. My favorite complex is very easy.
10 strict deadlifts
10 swings
5 Viking Push Presses each arm or 5 doubles
10 strict pushups
take about a minute rest and repeat until the sweat pools.
Use this complex to practice each rep. You can follow with a bunch of rounds of swings.
I encourage you to watch the video below and concentrate on the hip hinge. Don't let your shins go forward on the back swing. Keep them verticle.
Remember the V02 is 15 seconds of snatches then rest 15. Alternate hands.

No comments: